Brilliant blogger Linnet Moss has been so wonderfully kind as to add me to her list of nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Full post here ->
As per the rules (copied at the bottom of this post), I am hereby presenting my own list of 10 nominees:
http://historicalcostume.wordpress.com ~ a veritable rainbow of glorious historical costumes…
http://forwhomthegearturns.com ~ a whole host of steampunk wonders, beautifully presented!
http://vickielester.com ~ a fascinating selection of bits and bytes from “beguiling Hollywood”
http://adamselindisdress.wordpress.com ~ running the gamut of amazing costuming adventures
http://giveusatoile.wordpress.com ~ an array of beautiful corsetry
http://myverygeekylife.wordpress.com ~ love all the “geeky memes of the day”!
http://bogiefilmblog.wordpress.com ~ the varied filmography of the inimitable Bogie
http://theblondeatthefilm.com ~ inspiring tributes to myriad films of yore
http://musingsofanerdygirl.wordpress.com ~ thoughtful commentary on a variety of books, films, &c.
http://rockingthefrock.com ~ I applaud the tagline: there is always time for dress up!
Here are the rules ->
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
* Display the Award Certificate (cut and paste it from my post)
* Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you – that’s me!
* Nominate 10 other bloggers
* Inform them of their nomination via comment on their blog
*Post 7 interesting things about yourself
…and here are my “7 Interesting(-ish) Things”, primarily either costume- or cinema-related!
1) My favourite Robin Hood is Errol Flynn (although I also have a soft spot for the Disney fox…)
2) The films I’ve seen the most times at a movie theatre are Impromptu, Jane Eyre, & Lord of the Rings.
3) My vote for deserves-to-be-much-more-widely-known impressive acting performance is Norman Jones in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Crooked Man (1984)…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad1bOQR6Mk8
4) I have been known to dance a galliarde & a Charleston with equal enthusiasm (albeit in different costumes!).
5) I’ve studied archery, fencing, fife, & drum at different times over the years, and I once attended a falconry meet.
6) The heaviest costume I’ve ever performed in weighed approximately 20 pounds.
7) In my opinion, the best soundtrack never issued is the one from The Girl on the Bridge.